Frankly, each of us sometimes experiences frustration due to the styles of others. We can lose patience with or just not “get” another person. Even in our office, you might hear a comment like, “Can you soften your D style a bit while we discuss the issue?” or “Can you stretch into the C style to take care of those reports?” But we also really love each style and try to learn from each of them.
It’s a common facilitation technique to go around the room and tell each person what you appreciate about them, so we decided to do that with each DiSC® style. These are comments from our own staff about what we love and appreciate about each style. We’ve reversed the order here just to change things up. Our i-style staff member likes that.
Everything DiSC C
- We love how you are willing to share your knowledge and want to learn even more.
- We love how you challenge our assumptions.
- You help us keep an eye on what, quite honestly, often bores us.
- You’re the one we go to for honest, in-depth feedback.
- We love how you remind us of details, decisions, and policies we had forgotten about.
- Sometimes you keep us from getting into trouble.
Everything DiSC S
- We love that you’re there for us; that you are patient with us and want to know our opinions.
- We love how you pay attention to our physical environment and space issues.
- We know that we can go a little wild because you’ll bring us back to reality and the present.
- You pay attention to stuff we value but tend to forget about until it’s missing.
- We love how reliable you are and how grounded.
- We know you make us all look good.
Everything DiSC i
- We love your energy and enthusiasm.
- We love how you get us engaged in activities.
- We love your optimism and how you can be a cheerleader for us.
- You don’t let us get stuck in a gloomy rut or routine. You keep us moving.
- Your willingness to spout out ideas can really inspire our creativity.
- You keep things fun.
Everything DiSC D
- We love how you move us toward action and results.
- We love that you are willing to take risks.
- We love how you aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You make us more productive and encourage us to try new things.
- We know where you stand, and we know where we stand with you.
- When we can’t decide where to go to eat, you’re willing to make the decision.
Learn about the DiSC styles: