Frankly, each of us sometimes experiences frustration due to the styles of others. We can lose patience with or just not “get” another person. Even in our office, you might hear a comment like “Can you soften that D a bit while we discuss the issue?” or “Can you reach into some C to take care of those reports?” But we also really love each style and try to learn from each of them.
It’s a common facilitation technique to go around the room and tell each person what you appreciate about them so we decided to do that with each DiSC style. These are comments from our own staff about what we love and appreciate about each style. Please share what you love about a coworker or family member with a different style than yours. We’ve reversed the order here just to change things up. Our “i” staff member likes that.
Everything DiSC C
- We love how you are willing to share your knowledge and want to learn even more.
- We love how you challenge our assumptions.
- You help us keep an eye on what, quite honestly, often bores us.
- You’re the one we go to for honest in-depth feedback.
- We love how you remind us of details, decisions, policies we had forgotten about.
- Sometimes you keep us from getting into trouble.
Everything DiSC S
- We love it that you’re there for us; that you are patient with us and want to know our opinions.
- We love how you pay attention to our physical environment and space issues.
- We know that we can go a little crazy, because you’ll bring us back to reality and the present.
- You pay attention to stuff we value, but tend to forget about until it’s missing.
- We love how reliable you are and how grounded.
- We know you make us all look good.
Everything DiSC i
- We love your energy and enthusiasm.
- We love how you get us engaged in activities.
- We love your optimism and how you can be a cheerleader for us.
- You don’t let us get stuck in a gloomy rut or routine. You keep us moving.
- Your willingness to spout out ideas can really inspire our creativity.
- You keep things fun.
Everything DiSC D
- We love how you move us towards action and results.
- We love that you are willing to take risks.
- We love how you aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You make us more productive and encourage us to try new things.
- We know where you stand, and we know where we stand with you.
- When we can’t decide where to go to eat, you’re willing to make the decision.
Learn more about the DiSC styles:
Please share your love of one of the styles in the comments below.