Which Everything DiSC® assessment should I use?
Updated January 2020
Need a little help deciding which of the Everything DiSC assessments will work best for your training and development needs? This should make it a little easier to quickly see how they differ.
If in doubt, we always recommend Everything DiSC Workplace as the best way to introduce the concept of the differing styles, needs, and priorities of individuals. To address specific issues such as EQ or leadership, however, you can use one of the more specialized profiles and simply spend some time introducing the DiSC model. The profiles themselves will help do that, as will the facilitation kits available for the profiles.
Our Everything DiSC profiles are highlighted below:
- Workplace, our most popular and multi-purpose profile
- Productive Conflict, for understanding how to change your response to conflict
- Management, for improving management skills and flexibility
- Sales, learn to communicate more effectively with customers
- Work of Leaders, provides a model for becoming a more effective leader
- Agile EQ, learn how to adapt your responses to any situation
- 363 for Leaders, a more actionable 360 tool
Download brochures for each DiSC profile in the suite.
Everything DiSC Workplace®
Uses: Team building, employee communication, conflict management, motivation, productivity, career development
Everything DiSC Workplace focuses on:
- Discovering Your DiSC Style
- Understanding Other Styles
- Building More Effective Relationships
Everything DiSC® Productive Conflict
Uses: Conflict management, effective employee communication, team building, productivity, self-awareness
Everything DiSC Productive Conflict learners will:
- Explore the destructive and production conflict behaviors of each DiSC style
- Understand how to manage your response to conflict situations
- Discover communication strategies when engaging in productive conflict with colleagues
Everything DiSC® Management
Uses: Manager training, delegation, motivation, leadership development, executive coaching, and career development
Everything DiSC Management focuses on:
- Your DiSC Management Style
- Directing and Delegating
- Developing Others
- Working with Your Manager
Everything DiSC® Sales
Uses: Sales, customer service, professional development, career development
Everything DiSC Sales focuses on three vital areas:
- Understanding Your DiSC Sales Style
- Recognizing and Understanding Customer Buying Styles
- Adapting Your Sales Style to Your Customer’s Buying Style
- Customer Interaction Mapping
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders®
Uses: Leadership development at any level, executive coaching, career development
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders assessment and report is unique. Using the framework of Vision, Alignment, and Execution, Work of Leaders encourages leaders to understand their own leadership behaviors and how they impact their effectiveness. The assessment includes Everything DiSC items plus 75 Work of Leaders items.
The report includes:
- Your Leadership Style
- Leadership Behaviors
- Leadership Strengths
- Leadership Challenges
Everything DiSC® Agile EQ™
Uses: Emotional intelligence development, teamwork, relationship management, personal development, executive training and coaching
Everything DiSC Agile EQ teaches participants to read the emotional and interpersonal requirements of a situation and respond quickly and appropriately.
The 26-page, three-part report provides personalized guidance on how to improve emotional intelligence:
- Discover your DiSC style and EQ mindsets.
- Recognize the mindsets of others.
- Act to adopt other EQ mindsets for more productive and satisfying responses.
Everything DiSC 363® for Leaders
Uses: Leadership development, executive coaching, career development
Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders is a 360 assessment that combines the best of the 360 degree feedback with the simplicity and power of DiSC. CommentSmart, an exclusive selectable comments feature, makes the feedback more focused, balanced and constructive.
This product is a little more complicated to set up than the other Everything DiSC assessments. A dedicated website, www.everythingdisc.com/Solutions/Getting-Started.aspx, is available to make the administration and debriefing much easier.
Priorities (words around the DiSC circle) are content specific.
Priorities are content specific. For example, as a CD style I prioritize Challenge, Accuracy and Results at work and I prioritize Competency, Quality and Results in a sales relationship. Learn more about the DiSC map’s dot and priorities.
Uses: Communication improvement, conflict resolution, team building, relationship counseling.
Use with: Teams, remote workers, new supervisors, critical relationships in your organization, new board members, supervisor and direct reports.
If any two people have taken an Everything DiSC assessment (excluding the 363), comparison reports can be generated for them. The report selects six most meaningful similarities and differences between them from nine possible continua.
by Kristeen Bullwinkle