Of course, it depends. We only sell the leading DiSC® profile, the one with the small i in the name. If that’s what you’ve been asked to take, read on.
If you’ve been asked to take another DISC product, you might want to look into how well-researched and validated it has been.
DiSC assessments are used worldwide in thousands of organizations of all sizes, major governmental agencies, and Fortune 500 companies.
Important points about DiSC
DiSC is a personal assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork, leadership skills and communication. It might be used in a work setting, a church, in counseling or coaching, or any number of situations where communication is important.
There are no right, wrong or preferred answers or styles. Yes, you might be given a label as a high S or a Di, but there are no value judgements in that label. Unlike the MBTI, there are no styles displayed by only a small minority of people. Unlike other tests based on the DISC model, Everything DiSC measures your priorities in additional to your style.
No secrets will be revealed. The DiSC assessment was created to reflect observable behaviors. You will not be asked about your past history. There are no moral choices to make, nor any mental health evaluation. DiSC is used to help people understand themselves and others in the range of normal human behavior.
The profile is well-research and validated. A few people in your target audience might have taken a personality test in the past that was either a rip-off of a legitimate assessment or never evaluated by professionals.
You don’t need to focus on one area of your life while answering the questionnaire. You can think about how you behave at work, at home or socially. It won’t significantly change your results.
Are you taking DiSC Classic or an Everything DiSC product?
Give yourself about 20 minutes to take care of this task. You will be asked to do the following:
Go online to the URL you were given by the trainer or coach or whomever is responsible for the profiles.
- Follow the instructions. In other words, relax and take a quiz about your normal behaviors. There are no trick questions. You might be asked a few questions that seem similar. The testing adapts to your answers and is designed to get the most precise and reliable results from you. So if your response are showing that you have two equally strong styles, you’ll get a few more questions to determine which style you prefer most.
- Scoring is completed electronically immediately after the assessment is completed. You might immediately see your results or your facilitator might print your report and deliver it to you.
- Your report will tell you about yourself and about interacting with people with other styles. You might get specific information about sales, conflict, management, or leadership.
You might receive a paper quiz or be asked to complete a questionnaire online for DiSC® Classic. Either way, it should take about 15 minutes to complete.
- You’ll be asked 28 questions.
- Results will be available online for DiSC Classic 2.0 and DiSC Classic 2.0 Plus. Your facilitator will help you score a DiSC Classic paper form.
You might be given access to a website that allows you to share your style with others. MyEverythingDiSC also provides more information about DiSC and reminders about your own style. Comparison Reports are a popular feature of the site. Whether you need to prepare for a meeting with a new project team or learn about a new coworker, Comparison Reports can help you understand others.
Preview DiSC styles
If you want to learn still more, see
- What is DiSC?
- Common questions about DiSC profiles
- Examples of the 12 DiSC styles
- Sample DiSC Profile reports
- Research, reliability and validity studies
- Test your knowledge of DiSC styles: DiSC Quiz 1 or DiSC Quiz 2
by Kristeen Bullwinkle and the DiSCProfile.com team. Updated August 2018.